Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Medford? Normally, there are three major regions of the home for camera installations: your main entry, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. While your installation team will be able to recommend where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Front Entryway
Even though it might seem absurd that a criminal would try to simply enter through the front door, 34% of intrusions happen at the front door. You can also count porch pirates among other dangers to consider. A video doorbell is perfect to manage these types of concerns with an HD, wide angle lens.
Video doorbells are nice as you are able to speak with all guests who walk up and engage the doorbell. With the help of your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to each instance with two-direction audio and live video and look like you’re home. Then if someone begins doing something criminal, you are able to have your video doorbell document the event on video and transmit it to your mobile phone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Outdoor Surveillance System
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult assignment. Thankfully, there are a few beneficial recommendations to make sure you’re well protected.
- Cameras at the corners of your Medford residence allow for a better sightline, seeing two segments of your yard.
- Just below an overhanging eave or directly into a length of cladding or edging are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be partly hidden by the edge of your house.
- Above your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing entryway for intruders than you might believe!
- Over a deck or back door -- or any entrance not visible from the street.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you cut back any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure your view.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Most From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras inside your home in Medford. That same adaptability does mean there are additional aspects to think about:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are closed and locked, the sunlight that enters via a window might cause glare and affect your video recording. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a guard tower, a surveillance device installed in an elevated area will provide a wider field of vision. Try placing your cameras above bookcases or affixed to the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your surveillance system will lose its ability to protect you if it’s broken. Place your security cameras where children or pets aren’t able to tamper with them. Consider mounting or other ways to secure them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The greatest surveillance system won’t do much good if you’ve got a decorative item or plant in the way. On the other hand, decor or foliage also have the ability to hide your surveillance installation. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your entire property -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (541) 209-6918 or fill out the form on this page to get started.