Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Medford
You realize you have to protect your home. After all, it offers shelter for your loved ones and is where you have all of your belongings. But what is the ideal type of home defense? Whether or not to utilize 24-hour monitoring is one of the leading considerations you must make. Explore the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Medford and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s defense connects to a third-party monitoring team that is ready to offer assistance at any moment. When a window sensor triggers or a CO detector begins beeping, your monitoring agents get a notification instantly. They will work quickly to validate the alarm and contact the proper emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t include a backup team. You might think of this choice as self-monitored, which indicates that if your alarm goes off, you need to take action to get it resolved. This possibility is the less expensive alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Medford
Here’s a quick look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup at the ready is always a good choice. If you are away from home, not awake, or don’t have your phone, your residence and those inside will still be protected.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll react quicker to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems might make you eligible for a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Superior components and seamless integration: When you get hardware, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security expert, you will get access to a fully integrated system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will find on your own.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Countless residents would prefer to have the install taken care of by qualified experts, but some DIYers might want to handle it on their own.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This stipulation may be agreeable for most as home security is something you will want indefinitely.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Medford
Here’s a brief overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t incur a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers may think of this as an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and avoid an installation expense. Others might wish to use a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to incorporate components whenever you desire - and from different manufacturers. With that being said, you may find incorporating into a seamless system more challenging.
- You have complete control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you’re away from your phone and don’t see a security alert? This scenario will generate additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your complete attention: Due to the fact you are the only one in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Connecting the system is up to you: If you need assistance during an installation, you may have to employ a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Medford
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Medford from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home security system is the right choice for you. Contact (541) 209-6918 today to get started.