Home security cameras can simply be placed as a warning—a display that notifies criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, modern security cameras arrive outfitted with an array of tools all tailor-made to enable total protection for your home. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these additions enable you to get the most from video surveillance in Medford.
How To Set Up Your Medford Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
Mounting your security cameras at the ideal spots around your home is the first place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in frequented areas like the living room or den. It’s also a good idea to set a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to pass to get to the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear sightline of your patio, front walk, front and patio, shed, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front porch through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your interior that aren’t quite as vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, installing a camera in the vicinity could impact your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you want a form of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Video Surveillance
Component layout is only the beginning in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Medford. The features listed below help to optimize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic messages on your phone whenever strange movement is sensed. You can also set cameras to automatically start capturing footage when movements are detected which helps increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your video surveillance to capture footage and store clips so you can view them anytime.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of today’s security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone through the device. With ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more exhaustive look at an area. Opt for cameras that allow for at least 120° wide angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your video surveillance have either LED or infrared sensors that will capture footage of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the opportunity to guard specific areas within your living space.. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your patio and ignore animals passing or the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date alerts when the detect unusual motion around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Medford is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your home security is elevated from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (541) 209-6918 or fill out the form below to start customizing your home security and camera system today.